Category Archives: Claim of the Month

See how pet insurance allowed these pet parents to get money back from expensive veterinary bills

Dog Attack on Boo Boo – August 2016 Claim of the Month


Poor Boo Boo! This 10-year-old Chihuahua mix was minding his own business when he was attacked by another dog and received several bite wound to his chest and had to be hospitalized for 5 days to monitor his recovery. Vet Bill:     $6,204.00 PetFirst Paid:     $5,000.00 Resources for preventing dog bites and how to react when […]





Pet Insurance Claim of the Month- February 2016: Feline Hepatic Lipidosis


A recent claim at PetFirst reminds us that obesity can lead to other, potentially life-threatening, conditions for our pets. A brief overview of the claim: Feline Hepatic Lipidosis for Kita (8-year-old Domestic Shorthair Cat) Vet bill:                 $4,896.67 PetFirst paid:     $4,290.75 The story: Obesity had led Kita to an issue in late 2015, which was dermatitis […]



Pet Insurance Claim of the Month: Electric Shock


A recent PetFirst claim reminds us all to keep our cords hidden from our pets, especially during this time of year when extra cords can be found around the house from lights. A brief overview of the claim: Electrical Shock for Gipper (7-year-old Mixed Breed Dog) Vet Bill:                 $941.40 PetFirst Paid:     $757.27 The story: […]







Pet Insurance Claim of the Month – August 2014


AUGUST’S PETFIRST PET INSURANCE CLAIM OF THE MONTH! $5,000 paid to the family of Pluto, a Jack Russell Terrier from California Pluto, an 11-year-old Jack Russell Terrier, underwent a laminectomy for intervertebral disc disease.  This procedure removed bone crowding the spinal canal which causes swelling and pain for the pet.  This is particularly common in […]



Pet Insurance Claim of the Month – July 2014


JULY’S PETFIRST PET INSURANCE CLAIM OF THE MONTH! $3,722.21 paid to the family of Bree, a Labrador Retriever from Oregon. Meet Bree, a 5 year old Labrador Retriever who found herself sick just a few weeks ago.  After chewing and swallowing something she shouldn’t have, Bree became very sick.  She ended up having emergency surgery […]