Pet Insurance Claim of the Month: Electric Shock


A recent PetFirst claim reminds us all to keep our cords hidden from our pets, especially during this time of year when extra cords can be found around the house from lights.

A brief overview of the claim:

Electrical Shock for Gipper (7-year-old Mixed Breed Dog)

Vet Bill:                 $941.40

PetFirst Paid:     $757.27

The story:

Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 8.27.59 AMGipper chewed on an electric cord and was shocked. The shock was so strong, it fractured one of his teeth. Gipper had to have surgery to repair the tooth and ended up electrifying his parents with the nearly $1,000 vet bill. His parents were glad PetFirst was there to reimburse them most of the expense. Gipper is back to his old self, and still getting into mischief- he ended up swallowing part of a plush toy not long afterwards…

Gipper chewed on an electric cord and was shocked. The shock was so strong, it fractured one of his teeth. Gipper had to have surgery to repair the tooth and ended up electrifying his parents with the nearly $1,000 vet bill. His parents were glad PetFirst was there to reimburse them most of the expense. Gipper is back to his old self, and still getting into mischief- he ended up swallowing part of a plush toy not long afterwards…

Remember to keep your pets safe this holiday season.

 



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *