APRIL’S PETFIRST PET INSURANCE CLAIM OF THE MONTH!
$1,319.00 paid to the family of Maggie, an Aussie-Doodle from Oregon.
Maggie, a 5 year old Aussie-Doodle with a history of dietary indiscretion, thought it was a good idea to eat 24 oz. of milk chocolate peppermint bark one night. Boy was she wrong. An hour later she vomited and her pet parents discovered that she had eaten chocolate which can be deadly to dogs. After vomiting a few times she lay down with her pet parents for a while. When she got back up she seemed weak in the hinds. All of sudden her legs buckled and she fell down the last three steps of the staircase. Maggie’s family rushed her to the vet. After radiographs, bloodwork, hospitalization, fluids, hourly overnight monitoring, and ultrasounds, Maggie’s pet parents were faced with a vet bill totaling $1,565.55. Thankfully they had a PetFirst Lifetime pet insurance policy and after their $100 deductible were reimbursed for 90% of the vet costs!
-insured since 2010