Congratulations to Brenda McClanahan as our December Testimonial of the Month winner!
“I found Mojo feasting on a packet of homemade scones that were chock-full of chocolate chips. They had apparently fallen unnoticed out of our upright freezer when we got something out. The packet contained three scones and was wrapped in several layers of plastic wrap. By the time I found him, Mojo had consumed two entire scones and started on the third one. He also had eaten a huge hole in the plastic wrap. It was a weekend evening, so I knew my vet would not be open. I called a local small animal emergency hospital. They told me to bring him in right away.
When I got Mojo to the hospital, they induced vomiting, watched him for a couple of hours, and gave him a dose of activated charcoal. I paid the bill them the $168.25 bill and brought Mojo home with instructions to watch him carefully for any symptoms. The next day I remembered that I had pet insurance, so I called the small animal hospital. They were very helpful, and they took my information and submitted the claim.
Right away I received an e-mail confirmation from PetFirst that they had received my claim and would be following up on it. Soon after, I received a check from PetFirst to reimburse me for all the cost except the $50 deductible. I could not believe how easily it had all been handled with no hassle whatsoever!
Happily, Mojo made a full recovery, and I am secure in the knowledge that, if we ever have another emergency, Mojo will be covered. Thank you, Pet First!”
-Brenda McClanahan, PetFirst policyholder and proud pet parent of Mojo
A big thanks to Brenda for sharing this story with us!
Are you a PetFirst policyholder with a great story to share? If so, send us your testimonial for a chance to be featured on our website.
Email your testimonial to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your story is chosen, we’ll publish it on our website, Facebook page, and in our monthly newsletter. Learn more about submitting your testimonial.